Viewer Counter

Friday, 10 May 2019

Phrasal Verbs
To brush up on=သိထား တတ္ထားသည္ ပိုျပီးတိုးတက္ေအာင္ျပဳလုပ္သည္။
အသံုး :This year I’m hoping to travel to Italy so I need to brush up on my Italian skills.
To break up=အိမ္ေထာင္ျပဳျခင္း ပတ္သက္ျခင္းကို အဆံုးသတ္သည္။
အသံုး :Did you hear that Lara and Tom broke up just a few days ago?
To burn out=အလုပ္မ်ားျပီး ေျခကုန္လက္ပန္းက် ပင္ပန္းသည္။
အသံုး :I love my job but I really felt burnt out by the end of the year.
To clam up=စကားေျပာရန္ ျငင္းပယ္သည္၊ စကားမေျပာႏိုင္ေအာင္ျဖစ္သည္။
အသံုး :Do you ever clam up when you’re feeling nervous in a second language?
To dress up = သပ္ရပ္လွပျပီး ေကာင္းမြန္ေသာ အဝတ္အစားကို ဝတ္ဆင္သည္။
အသံုး : In my daily life I just wear casual clothes at work, so from time to time it feels nice to dress up and go out like for New Year’s Eve tonight.
To focus on=တစ္စံုတစ္ခုတြင္အာရံုစိုက္သည္။
အသံုး : I’m not sure how I’ll focus on my studies with all that music and noise.
To get away=အခ်ိန္တိုလြတ္ေျမာက္သည္၊အခ်ိန္တိုခရီးသြားသည္။
အသံုး : Let’s get away to Chaung Tha this weekend.
To get out of=တစံုတခုျပဳလုပ္ျခင္းကို ေရွာင္ၾကဥ္သည္၊ အေျခအေနတခုကိုေရွာင္ၾကဥ္သည္။
အသံုး :Is there any way we could get out of dinner with them tonight?
To kick off=စတင္သည္၊အစျပဳသည္။
အသံုး : Are you going to kick off the new year with any new goals?
To let down= တစံုတစ္ဦးကို စိတ္ပ်က္ေအာင္လုပ္သည္။
အသံုး : I’m so sorry to let you down but I can’t get out of dinner with my family tonight.
To make up= ရန္ျဖစ္ျခင္း အျငင္းပြါးျခင္းကို ရပ္တန္႔သည္။
အသံုး : After many long and sometimes angry discussions over finances, we’ve decided to compromise and just make up so we can move forward.
To nod off= အိပ္ေပ်ာ္သြားသည္။
အသံုး : could you drive for a bit? I’m getting too sleepy and I keep nodding off.
To run into=မေမ်ွာ္လင့္ဘဲ ေတြ႕ဆံုမိသည္။
အသံုး :Guess who I ran into at the grocery store?
To shop around=ေစ်းႏႈန္းႏိုင္းယွဥ္သည္။
အသံုး :I’d love something new to wear to the party tonight so I’m going to shop around at the sales to see if I can find anything.
To stay up=အိပ္ေနက်အခ်ိန္ထက္ေနာက္က်ျပီး အိပ္ယာဝင္သည္။ အလြန္ေနာက္က်ျပီးမွ အိပ္ယာဝင္သည္။
အသံုး :Did you stay up all night celebrating the new year?
To straighten up= ပစၥည္းေတြကိုစီစဥ္တက် ထားသည္။သန္႔ရွင္း သပ္ရပ္ေအာင္ လုပ္သည္။
အသံုး :This place is a disaster! This is the last time I’ll host an all-night party. It’s going to take all day to straighten up.
To try on=ေတာ္မေတာ္ လိုက္မလိုက္ သိရေအာင္ ဝတ္ဆင္သည္။
အသံုး :try this on! It might be exactly what you’re looking for to wear to the party tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idioms to stick in your gulle/throat/crawt= လက်ခံရန် သို့မဟုတ် သဘောတူရန် ခက်ခဲသော/မဖြစ်နိူင်သော အသုံး။   ။ The way that Bob was fired has...