Viewer Counter

Thursday, 16 May 2019

Idioms and phrasal verbs for the New Year
ring in the new year= ဒီဇင္ဘာ၃၁ရက္ ညသန္းေခါင္တြင္ ႏွစ္သစ္က်င္းပသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ We are planning a big party to ring in the new year. How did you ring in the new year?
To turn over a new leaf= လူသစ္ စိတ္သစ္ျဖင့္ ျပန္လည္စတင္သည္။
Start with a clean slate= လူသစ္ စိတ္သစ္ျဖင့္ ျပန္လည္စတင္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I have made a mess of my life. I’ll turn over a new leaf and hope to do better this year.
Last year he had a lot of problems so he is starting this year with a clean slate and a positive attitude.
Back to the drawing board= အစမွျပန္လည္စတင္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I flunked English this year. Well, back to the old drawing board.
To start from the scratch= အားလံုးအစမွစတင္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I built every bit of my own house. I started from scratch and did everything with my own hands.
To open the door to (something) = တစ္ခုခုျဖစ္ရန္ ဖိတ္ေခၚသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ The Prime Minister opened the door to peace talks.
stay up= ခါတိုင္းထက္ အိပ္ယာေနာက္က်ဝင္ရန္ ရည္ရြယ္ျပီး မအိပ္ဘဲေနသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ The parents let their children stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve.
go off= က်ယ္ေလာင္ေသာ ဆူညံသံ၊ ေပါက္ကြဲမူ ျပဳလုပ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ My niece always gets scared when fireworks go off.
count down= အျဖစ္အပ်က္၊ အခမ္းအနားတစ္ခုစတင္ျပဳလုပ္ဖို႔ ေနာက္ျပန္ ေရတြက္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ people counted down the last ten seconds before midnight.
Out with the old, in with the new= အက်င့္ဆိုးမ်ားကိုစြန္႔လြတ္ျပီး အက်င့္ေကာင္းမ်ားစတင္သည္။ အေဟာင္မ်ားကိုဖယ္ျပီး တိုးတက္မူရိွ အသစ္မ်ားကို ျပဳလုပ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ Well, with the new year comes the "Out with the old, in with the new" attitude. No more double cheeseburgers with fries for lunch. It’s spinach salads for the new year.

bavardage(n)= တတြတ္တြတ္ အဆက္မျပတ္ စကားေျပာျခင္း၊ အတင္းအဖ်င္းေျပာျခင္း။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (bah-vuhr-DAHZ)
အသံုး။ ။ As their bavardage grew more frequent and lengthy, I dined alone in their company.
hypercathexis(n)= စိတ္အာရံုစိုက္မူ အလြန္အက်ြံျဖစ္ျခင္း။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (hy-puhr-kuh-THEK-sis)
အသံုး။ ။ She is especially drawn to a passage on the hypercathexis of lost objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idioms to stick in your gulle/throat/crawt= လက်ခံရန် သို့မဟုတ် သဘောတူရန် ခက်ခဲသော/မဖြစ်နိူင်သော အသုံး။   ။ The way that Bob was fired has...