Idiom
to make a long story short= အဓိက လိုအပ္ခ်က္ကိုေျပာသည္၊ အက်ဥ္းခ်ဳပ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ To make a long story short, my opponent was better than me, and I lost, OK?
အသံုး။ ။ To make a long story short, my opponent was better than me, and I lost, OK?
odds and sods= အေရးမႀကီးသည့္ ကိစၥအေသးစား အမ်ိဳးမ်ိဳး၊ ပစၥည္းအမ်ိဳးမ်ိဳး
အသံုး။ ။ There are still a few odds and sods that need to be done before the party tomorrow.
I can never find my what I need amongst all the odds and sods in this drawer!
အသံုး။ ။ There are still a few odds and sods that need to be done before the party tomorrow.
I can never find my what I need amongst all the odds and sods in this drawer!
on the go= အလုပ္မ်ားသည္၊ အလုပ္လုပ္ေနသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I'm usually on the go all day long. I hate being on the go all the time.
အသံုး။ ။ I'm usually on the go all day long. I hate being on the go all the time.
to have second thoughts= ျပန္လည္စဥ္းစားသံုးသပ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ You're not having second thoughts about getting married, are you?
အသံုး။ ။ You're not having second thoughts about getting married, are you?
laugh all the way to the bank= ေငြလြယ္လြယ္ရွာႏိုင္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ He may not be in the nicest business, but he is doing well and can laugh all the way to the bank.
အသံုး။ ။ He may not be in the nicest business, but he is doing well and can laugh all the way to the bank.
curl up in a tight ball= ခႏၶာကိုယ္ကို အဝိုင္းပံု ေကြးထားသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ Baby is curled up in a tight ball when taking scan.
အသံုး။ ။ Baby is curled up in a tight ball when taking scan.
tom-tom= တီးရေသာ ဒရမ္၊ အဝက်ဥ္းစည္
အသံုး။ ။ They would wring her heart as she heard them in the pauses of the tom-tom.
အသံုး။ ။ They would wring her heart as she heard them in the pauses of the tom-tom.
Lightning 30/30 rule= လွ်ပ္ျပတ္ျခင္း အႏၱရယ္မွ ကာကြယ္ရန္ အခ်ိန္စကၠန္႔ တြက္ရေသာနည္း
အသံုး။ ။ The Lightning 30/30 rule is easy way to determine the threat of lightning in your area.
အသံုး။ ။ The Lightning 30/30 rule is easy way to determine the threat of lightning in your area.
squat down= ေစာင့္ေစာင့္ထိုင္သည္
အသံုး။ ။ He squatted down and examined the front wheel of his bike.
အသံုး။ ။ He squatted down and examined the front wheel of his bike.
Idiom
bring off= လြတ္ေျမာက္သည္၊ ေအာင္ျမင္ျပီးေျမာက္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I'm determined to bring off any challenge they give me.
အသံုး။ ။ I'm determined to bring off any challenge they give me.
to pull off= ခက္ခဲမူမ်ာၾကားမွ ေအာင္ျမင္ျပီးဆံုးသည္၊ လမ္းေဘးကား ထိုးရပ္သည္၊ ဖိုင္အခ်က္အလက္မ်ားကို ဆြဲထုတ္သည္၊ အက်ႌခ်ြတ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ Hanley pulled off a surprise victory in the semi-final.
I pulled off the road and rested for a while.
You can pull the files you need off the Internet.
I sat down and pulled off my boots.
အသံုး။ ။ Hanley pulled off a surprise victory in the semi-final.
I pulled off the road and rested for a while.
You can pull the files you need off the Internet.
I sat down and pulled off my boots.
to salt away= အနာဂတ္တြင္ အသံုးျပဳရန္ သီးသန္႔ဖယ္ထားသည္/ စုေဆာင္းထားသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ in case of an emergency. You'd be wise to salt some of your paycheck away each month.
အသံုး။ ။ in case of an emergency. You'd be wise to salt some of your paycheck away each month.
old hat=ေဟာင္းႏြမ္း ေခတ္မမီေသာေၾကာင့္ စိတ္ဝင္စားဖြယ္ မေကာင္းျခင္း
အသံုး။ ။ That’s just old hat. This is the modern world!
အသံုး။ ။ That’s just old hat. This is the modern world!
to play your cards right= လိုခ်င္တဲ့ ရလာဒ္ရဖို႔ မွန္ကန္ေသာ အရာကို လုပ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ She didn't play her cards well, and she ended up with something less than what she wanted.
အသံုး။ ။ She didn't play her cards well, and she ended up with something less than what she wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment