bogart(v) = အႏိုင္က်င့္သည္၊ ရန္လိုသည္၊ စာမန္ခုပ္ျပီး ပိုရယူသည္၊
အသံထြက္။ ။ (BO-gart)
အသံုး။ ။ That big guy doesn't ask--he just bogarts.
အသံထြက္။ ။ (BO-gart)
အသံုး။ ။ That big guy doesn't ask--he just bogarts.
adonize(v)= ပိုျပီးစြဲေစာင္မႈရိွေအာင္ ျပဳလုပ္သည္။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (AD-uh-nyz)
အသံုး။ ။ Unfortunately, Teo had a body and face that would shame Adonis.
အသံထြက္။ ။ (AD-uh-nyz)
အသံုး။ ။ Unfortunately, Teo had a body and face that would shame Adonis.
jackleg(adj, n)= က်ြမ္းက်င္မႈမရိွေသာ၊စည္ကမ္းမရိွေသာ၊ မက်ြမ္းက်င္ေသာ အလုပ္သမား၊ မရိုးသားသူ
အသံထြက္။ ။ (JAK-leg)
အသံုး။ ။ The industry association can do little to " get rid of jackleg outfits.
အသံထြက္။ ။ (JAK-leg)
အသံုး။ ။ The industry association can do little to " get rid of jackleg outfits.
Idiom
not know whether you are coming or going= စိတ္ရႈပ္ေထြးသည္၊ မ်က္စိလည္ လမ္းေပ်ာက္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I'm so busy, I don't know whether I'm coming or going.
အသံုး။ ။ I'm so busy, I don't know whether I'm coming or going.
keyed up= ႀကိဳတင္ျပီး စိတ္လႈပ္ရွားသည္၊ ႀကိဳတင္ ပူပန္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ The students were all keyed up for the test.
အသံုး။ ။ The students were all keyed up for the test.
keep your wits about you= သတိ ဝရိယျဖင့္ ေနသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ You've got to have your wits about you when you're driving a car.
အသံုး။ ။ You've got to have your wits about you when you're driving a car.
kangaroo court(n)= အေထာက္အထားခိုင္လံုျခင္းမရိွဘဲ အျပစ္ရိွေၾကာင္းဆံုးျဖတ္သည့္ တရားရံုး/ အမႈ
အသံုး။ ။ After a while these games become tiresome, and the " kangaroo court " is formed.
အသံုး။ ။ After a while these games become tiresome, and the " kangaroo court " is formed.
jumping off point= စတင္ရာေနရာ။
အသံုး။ ။ The local library is a good jumping-off point for your research.
အသံုး။ ။ The local library is a good jumping-off point for your research.
defeasible(adj)= ပယ္ဖ်က္ေသာ၊ ရံႈးနိမ့္ေသာ၊ အဆံုးသတ္ေသာ။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (di-FEE-zuh-buhl)
အသံုး။ ။ On this evidence-based approach, scientific knowledge must be seen as defeasible.
အသံထြက္။ ။ (di-FEE-zuh-buhl)
အသံုး။ ။ On this evidence-based approach, scientific knowledge must be seen as defeasible.
napoleonize(v)= တန္ခိုး အရွိန္အဝါႀကီးေအာင္လုပ္သည္။ အေပၚစီးျဖင့္ ရန္မႈ ေနရာယူအုပ္ခ်ဳပ္သည္။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (nuh-PO-Lee-uh-nyz)
အသံုး။ ။ She often napoleonizes herself and disparages her colleagues.
အသံထြက္။ ။ (nuh-PO-Lee-uh-nyz)
အသံုး။ ။ She often napoleonizes herself and disparages her colleagues.
molochize (v)= စြန္႔လြတ္အနစ္နာခံသည္၊ ယစ္ပူေဇာ္သည္၊ စေတးသည္။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (MOL-uh-kyz)
အသံုး။ ။ I would molochize anything for you--even my feelings.
အသံထြက္။ ။ (MOL-uh-kyz)
အသံုး။ ။ I would molochize anything for you--even my feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment