Viewer Counter

Friday, 10 May 2019

Idiom
to wake up on the wrong side of the bed=အိပ္ယာမွ မရႊင္မျပ ႏိုးလာသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ "Sorry, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I'm in a bad mood, but it's not your fault."

Idiom
to give something away=လ်ိဳဝွက္ခ်က္ အခ်ိဳ႕ကို ထုတ္ေဖာ္ေျပာဆိုသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I promise not to give away your secret.

Phrasal Verb
bring up= ေက်ြးေမြး ထိန္းေက်ာင္းသည္။အေၾကာင္းအရာတစ္ခုကို ေဆြးေႏြး မိတ္ဆက္သည္။ ရုတ္တရက္ ရပ္တန္႔သည္။ အန္သည္။ ကြန္ပ်ဴတာ ျမင္ကြင္းေပၚတြင္ တစ္ခုခု ျမင္ေအာင္တင္သည္။ ရာထူးတက္သည္။ သေဘၤာ ေက်ာက္ခ်ျပီး ေက်ာက္ျမဲသည္။ 
အသံုး။ ။ He was brought up by his grandmother.
I had a sandwich for lunch and promptly brought it up again.
Can you bring up the list of candidates again?
A vessel is said to be brought up when her way has stopped and she is ridding to her anchor.


stepford (adj)=စက္ရုပ္တစ္ရုပ္ကဲ့သို႔ အမိန္႔နာခံေသာ
အသံထြက္။ ။ (STEP-furd)
အသံုး။ ။A woman who is extremely subservient to her husband and who meets his every need in an overly-perfect manner is an example of a Stepford wife.


Edenic(adj) = နိဗၺာန္ဘံုႏွင့္တူေသာ၊ ေပ်ာ္ရႊင္မူေတြ ျပည့္ေနေသာ၊ လွပေသာ၊ အျပစ္မရိွေသာ
အသံထြက္။ ။ (ee-DEN-ik)
အသံုး။ ။ Even if we can't live an Edenic dream, we can still try to get some fresh air and stretch our limbs even for a little while.


Idiom
remains to be seen= မေသခ်ာေသးဘူး၊ မရွင္းလင္းေသးဘူး။
အသံုး။ ။ It remains to be seen who will win.

good on(some one)= ေထာက္ခံေၾကာင္းျပသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ "I passed the exam!" "Good on you!"
can't say that I have= မေျပာတတ္ေသးဘူး။
အသံုး။ ။ Mary: Well, have you thought about going with me to Fairbanks?
Fred: I can't say I have, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idioms to stick in your gulle/throat/crawt= လက်ခံရန် သို့မဟုတ် သဘောတူရန် ခက်ခဲသော/မဖြစ်နိူင်သော အသုံး။   ။ The way that Bob was fired has...