Viewer Counter

Friday, 10 May 2019

faience(n)=ေျပာင္လက္ေတာက္ပေသာ ေၾကြထည္ေျမထည္ပစၥည္း
အသံထြက္။ ။ (fay-AHNS, fy-)
အသံုး။ ။Emerson said coolly. ‘It is faience, and will break if you drop it.

bush league(n,adj)=က်ြမ္းက်င္မူရိွ အားကစားအဖြဲ႔ငယ္၊ ဒုတိယတန္းဝင္ေသာ၊ မက်ြမ္းက်င္ေသာ။
အသံထြက္။ ။(bush leeg)
အသံုး။ ။ Personally, I thought the assignment was bush league from the get-go, and a waste of my time and talents.

phrasal verb
Work out=ၾကံခိုင္ရည္ရိွရန္ ေလ့က်င္ျခင္း၊ ေပ်ာ္ရြင္စြာ အဆံုးသတ္သည္၊ ရလဒ္ကိုတြက္ခ်က္သည္။ အခ်က္အလက္က်က် ျပသနာကို အေျဖရွာသည္၊ တစ္စံုတစ္ခုအေပၚ သေဘာတူဆံုးျဖတ္သည္၊ တစ္ဦးတစ္ေယာက္ (သို႔) တစ္စံုတစ္ခုကို နားလည္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။Her workout includes running on the treadmill and lifting weights.
I was worried about the play I directed, but it all worked out in the end.
These figures work out differently each time I add them.
I can’t work out what to do.
The exact details of the event haven’t been worked out yet.
I can’t work him out.

phrasal verb
iron out=အခက္အခဲ ျပသနာကို ေအာင္ျမင္စြာ ေျဖရွင္းသည္၊ မွန္ေအာင္လုပ္သည္၊ တြန္႔ေခါက္ေနေသာ အဝတ္အစားကို ျပန္႔ေအာင္မီးပူတိုက္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ They’re meeting in Berlin to iron out the final details of the contract.
He ironed out the wrinkles from the shirt.
iron out the kinks=အျပစ္အနာအဆာ ခ်ြတ္ယြင္းခ်က္ေတြကိုဖယ္ျပီး တိုးတက္ေအာင္ျပဳလုပ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ They started rehearsing the Christmas concert well in advance in order to iron out the kinks by December 20.

child-friendly=ကေလးမ်ား ၾကိဳက္ႏွစ္သက္ေသာ ေနရာ၊ ကေလးမ်ားအတြက္ သင့္ေလ်ာ္ေသာ။
အသံုး။ ။ The hotel is very child-friendly and offers a babysitting service.
The book provides child-friendly definitions of mathematical words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idioms to stick in your gulle/throat/crawt= လက်ခံရန် သို့မဟုတ် သဘောတူရန် ခက်ခဲသော/မဖြစ်နိူင်သော အသုံး။   ။ The way that Bob was fired has...