Viewer Counter

Thursday, 16 May 2019

corpocracy(n)= အစိုးရကိုၾကီးစိုးခ်ဳပ္ကိုင္ႏိုင္ေသာ စီးပြားေရးလုပ္ငန္းရိွ လူအဖြဲ႔အစည္း။ ဗဟိုအုပ္ခ်ဳပ္မူစံနစ္ရိွ ကုမၸဏီ။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (kor-POK-ruh-see)
အသံုး။ ။ The meritocratic corpocracy absorbs rival power bases.
Anarica was a corpocracy. Run by the most influential corporations.

obdormition(n)= ေျခလက္အဂၤါ ထံုက်င္မူ၊ အာရံုေၾကာထံုက်င္ျခင္း။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (ob-dor-MISH-uhn)
အသံုး။ ။ People who are not accustomed to the position, should be careful when trying to sit seiza, as the position can reduce blood circulation in the lower limbs, resulting in pain and eventually obdormition.
exeleutherostomize(v)= လြတ္လပ္စြာေျပာဆိုသည္။
အသံထြက္။ ။ (eks-uh-leuth-uh-ROS-tuh-myz)
အသံုး။ ။ The offices of a General Manager of one of the few national banks is not the place to exeleutherostomize.

Idiom
to hit the ground running= လုပ္ေဆာင္ခ်က္အသစ္မ်ား စတင္လုပ္ေဆာင္ဖို႔ ခ်က္ခ်င္းအဆင့္သင့္ျဖစ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I'm confident that our new CEO will just hit the ground running once she starts here.
(to be) on the same page= ထပ္တူသေဘာတူ၊ စဥ္းစားမူ၊ နားလည္မူရိွသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ We all need to be on the same page before we try to present this complex idea to the boss.

Christmas Idioms and phrasal verbs
Christmas comes but once a year= တႏွစ္တစ္ခါသာ ျပဳလုပ္ရေသာ ခရစ္စမတ္ကို ခြဲျခားမူမရိွ တစ္ဦးေပၚတစ္ဦး ေကာင္းမြန္စြာဆက္ဆံကာ ေပ်ာ္ရႊင္စြာ က်င္းပသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ I know the amount of gifts is a little excessive, but Christmas comes but once a year, right?
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth= မိမိ မလိုခ်င္ေသာ ပစၥည္းျဖစ္ေသာ္လည္း ေပးလာေသာပစၥည္းအတြက္ ေက်းဇူးတင္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ My husband didn't buy the exact perfume I wanted but I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
like turkeys voting for early Christmas= စိတ္မဝင္စားဘဲ လက္ခံျခင္း ေရြးခ်ယ္ျခင္းေၾကာင့္ အႏၱရယ္ရိွေစသည္။ ေရြးခ်ယ္မူ၊ ေဆာင္ရြက္မူေၾကာင့္ မေကာင္းေသာ ရလာဒ္ကိုရေစသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ People agreeing on to an increase in taxes would be like turkeys voting for early Christmas.
good things come in small packages= တန္ဖိုးၾကီး၊ အရည္အေသြးျမင့္ ပစၥည္းမ်ား အရြယ္ပမာဏငယ္ငယ္ျဖင့္ရိွတတ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ He only gave me this tiny box for my birthday but I don't get upset till I know what's in it. Good things do come in small packages.
trim the tree= သစ္ပင္ကို အလွဆင္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ We trimmed the Christmas tree.
Be there with bells on= ဖိတ္ၾကားမူကို ေပ်ာ္ရႊင္စြာလာမည္ျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း ျပန္ေျပာသည္။
အသံုး။ ။ Mom, will you come to my Christmas play at school? Of course, I will be there with bells on.
The more the merrier= လူမ်ားေလေလ စည္ကားေလျဖစ္သည္။
အသံုး။ ။ Can I bring my girlfriend to the holiday party? Sure, the more the merrier.
The holiday spirit= အားလပ္ရက္ ပိတ္ရက္အတြက္ စိတ္လႈပ္ရွားမူ
အသံုး။ ။ December isn’t here yet and I’m already feeling the holiday spirit.
White Christmas= ႏွင္းမ်ားက်ေနေသာ ခရစ္စမတ္
အသံုး။ ။ In London seldom do we get a white Christmas.
Christmas graduate= ပထမစာသင္ႏွစ္ျပီးေနာက္ ေက်ာင္းဆက္မတက္ေသာ တကၠသိုလ္ေက်ာင္းသား။
အသံုး။ ။ While I firmly believe in the importance of continued education, there are always a few Christmas graduates each year for whom college is just not well suited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idioms to stick in your gulle/throat/crawt= လက်ခံရန် သို့မဟုတ် သဘောတူရန် ခက်ခဲသော/မဖြစ်နိူင်သော အသုံး။   ။ The way that Bob was fired has...